L1MA – Level 1 Medication Aide
In this 3-day course the student will learn the skills to safely pass medications in a "residential care" community.
In this 16-hour State of Missouri Certification Program you will learn:
- State regulations and resident’s rights
- Infection control
- Medication actions and effects
- Accurate dosage and measurements
- Proper storage and accountability
- Use of a drug reference handbook
- Transcription and documentation
To be eligible the student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide a copy of a valid Social Security card or Work Permit at time of registration
- Student must be registered with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/
- Be available for all classes (no missed time)
- Be available for a 6:00 am medication pass
MEDS is a state of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) approved training site for certification programs.
Please contact MEDS at 816-373-6337 for tuition and information on how to reserve your seat in one of our upcoming classes.