CMT – Certified Medication Technician
CNA’s may advance your career by training to be a CMT in as little as 12 weeks. By combining 60 hours of classroom instruction with a minimum of 8 hours of clinical practice you will enhance your skills and be able to administer medications at all levels of long-term care. Students learn basic principles of medication administration through classroom discussions, demonstrations and simulations, and presentations by healthcare professionals.
In this 68-hour State of Missouri certification program you will learn:
- State regulations and resident’s rights
- Infection control
- Medication actions and effects
- Accurate dosage and measurements
- Proper storage and accountability
- Use of a drug reference handbook
- Transcription and documentation
To be eligible student must:
- Student must be at least 18 years of age
- Student must provide a copy of a valid Social Security card or Work Permit at time of registration
- Student must provide a copy of 2 negative TB PPD skin tests or 1 negative TB blood test or 1 negative chest x-ray that is less than 6 months old on the first day of class
- Background check must be free of ALL felony crimes against persons
- Student must be registered with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/.
- Active on the MO CNA registry.
- Must provide a letter from a DON/Administrator/Director on company letterhead, recommending the student for the CMT class and providing dates of employment to verify at least 6 months of employment as a CNA in the State of Missouri.
- Must provide copy of high school diploma or GED.
- Student must have reliable transportation and dependable childcare.
MEDS is a state of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) approved training site for certification programs.
Please contact MEDS at 816-373-6337 for tuition and information on how to reserve your seat in one of our upcoming classes.
Sept 24 - Nov 21, 2019
Tuesdays & Thursdays
9 am - 4:30 pm
Oct 15 - Dec 10, 2019
Tuesdays & Thursdays
4 pm - 9:30 pm
January 15, 2020
8 am - 3:30 pm