CNA – Certified Nurse Assistant
TUITION: $1,400 - Payment plan available
By combining 75 hours of classroom instruction with 100 hours of “hands on” direct care training, students will have the skills and knowledge to enter one of the fastest growing professions in the healthcare industry. Students learn basic nursing skills through classroom discussions, demonstrations and simulations, and presentations by healthcare professionals. Upon completion, you’ll have the opportunity to launch a career that will be rewarding for you and your patients.
In this 175-hour State of Missouri Certification Program you will learn:
- Resident’s rights and legal issues
- Vital signs
- Infection control
- Bathing and grooming
- Feeding and nutrition
- Observation and documentation
To be eligible student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide a copy of a signed/valid Social Security card or Work Permit at time of registration
- Provide a copy of 2 negative TB PPD skin tests or 1 negative TB blood test or 1 negative chest x-ray that is less than 6 months old on the first day of class
- Be free of ALL felony crimes against persons on your criminal background check
- Student must be registered with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr
- Have reliable transportation and dependable childcare
First day reminder: TB test results
MEDS is a state of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) approved training site for certification programs.
Please contact MEDS at 816-373-6337 for tuition and information on how to reserve your seat in one of our upcoming classes.