In this 2-day course the student will gain the skills needed to administer insulin injections to diabetic residents.
In this 8-hour State of Missouri Certification Program you will learn:
- Infection control
- Insulin actions and effects
- Accurate dosage and measurements
- Proper storage and accountability
- Transcription and documentation
To be eligible the student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide a copy of a valid Social Security card or Work Permit at time of registration
- Must have a L1MA or CMT certificate
- Letter of recommendation from DON or Administrator
- Student must be registered with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/
- Be available for all class time (no missed time)
- Be available for a 6:00 am insulin injection
MEDS is a state of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) approved training site for certification programs.
Please contact MEDS at 816-373-6337 for more information on how to reserve your seat in one of our upcoming classes.